Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I Solemnly Swear....

My first blog. My first post. I have no clue where to start. Oh wait, yes I do:

#1....I promise that I shall use this blog to enrich your life and deepen your character. Or maybe just to amuse and entertain you. Or just waste a few precious moments of your life. Whatever.

#2....I promise that I will eventually figure out all the cool gadgets and gizmos, like colorful font, hyperlinks, and dancing penguins. Gotta have dancing penguins.

#3....I promise to never, ever, ever, ever, EVER use the word "rambling" with regard to my thoughts.

#3.5....Same goes for the word "meandering", and any other words that sound somewhat riverish.

#4....I promise to learn about blogging etiquette, hopefully before I inadvertantly do something rude.

#5....I promise to update. occasionally. maybe. don't count on it. neeeext?

#6....I promise not to bore you with stories about my kids. Really. Promise. Trust me; my kids are anything but boring!

#6.5....Same goes for pictures.

#7....I promise to use lots of oblique references, inside jokes, and vague tidbits. Just so you'll think you are part of something!

#7.5....Darned Contortionists! heeheehee...

6 comments:

susan said...

Congrats on "caving"... I'm assuming that's what your title refers to?!

Jacqueline said...

:-) Welcome to worlds of fun and endless days of time wasting. Very important time wasting. Really.

SheBear said...

Sus, that just happened to be a lucky play on words. I chose the title because a SheBear has to live in a cave, right?

But I was happy to cave in to all the pressure (oh! the pressure!) to set myself up with a little place on the web, from which I can prove to the world (hah!) that I am indeed the narcissississississississississitic weirdo that you already know and love so dearly!

Hah! :)

Jacq--thanks for that distinction! And now, off to waste even more time on a lovely little thing I call "sleep!"

Toodle-oo!

Anonymous said...

Aw man, now that you've caved to the overwhelming peer pressure, I'm gonna hafta do it too if I wanna hang with the cool kids. What kind of dwelling would a tiger live in?

(You're not abandoning us at OHM, are ya?)

Anonymous said...

ANOUNCING!!
The much anticipated new series:
The Blogger's Bordello of Boredom

coming in May or June or July... anyway, coming sometime to a blogspot near you!!

Tune in and hear Lenka say...

"... buuuutttt MahhhhM (Mom, in whine) ALLLLLL the other kids are doing it..."

SheBear said...

Tiger Mama, I'm so glad you stopped by! :-* Mwah! Go get yourself a blog, m'dear....I know I'd stop by every chance I got! :)

And don't tigers usually live somewhere jungle-ish? You know, sorta William Blake-ish?

When the stars threw down their spears
And water'd heaven with their tears;
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?


heh. I used to have it all memorized, but that's all I remember now; you'll have to find the rest for yourself! ;-)

Lenka, trust you to come up with the ultimate blog title! :D I jus' cain't wait ta that thar blog thingumahbob. Or, more acurately, thang-uh-mah-billy-bob! heheheh...